1. Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease is 2nd most common cause of death in India. It kills millions of people every year.
2. Smoking and exposure to harmful smoke and fumes cause COPD
3. Emphysema and Chronic bronchitis are the main components.
4. It is usually seen after 50 years of age.
5. Treatment with medicines(mainly inhalers) and physiotherapy is very important.
6. With good treatment and adequate physiotherapy, number of exacerbations(acute attacks) can be reduced and the life of the person can be prolonged.
7. Oxygen may be required for severe cases with heart involvement.
To know your stage and severity consult doctor
SWASA Hospital is specialized for COPD treatment.